mardi, septembre 15

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

Sometimes I feel like taking up smoking. It's an odd impulse considering I've never smoked nor ever wanted to, however after watching the pilot episode of Mad Men (which I felt compelled to see since everyone talks about how amazing the show is and how fabulous the clothes are) I got a curious urge to light up a smoke, just to take the edge off. Tonight I felt the same way. I went to another reading at that wonderful little bookshop which is my new favorite, Spoonbill & Sugartown, and felt like I needed to bum a smoke off someone. I can't quite explain why, maybe it was due to the fact that I was hopped up on coffee and feeling excited by the reading or the fact that I was alone and felt chatty....but for some reason I just really wanted to hold a cigarette to my mouth and enhale deeply. Fortunately smoking, among many things, is not a vice I can afford to indulge in and thus it shall remain a thought in the back of my mind as a sort of false habbit in which I would say to myself under certain situations, 'damn I could really use a smoke right now'.

Aucun commentaire: