jeudi, avril 26

Lucky

I've been doing a lot of doing lately. And all this doing and being and discovering has gotten me excited and happy about where I'm headed. Somehow all this 'doing' has brought back the spark that seemed to have been missing from my life for quite some time. To start I went to a yoga class taught by a friend. Since I hadn't taken a yoga class in over a year I was a bit weary about how I'd do. Fret not! I quickly realized that those fears were unfounded. The class was amazing. Something about Yoga helps me be better at being. (Whoa. Pretty deep.) Seriously, I'm always astonished at how emotionally centered it makes me feel. I'm not sure what, but something about the practice is so calming and makes me trust myself & my instincts more.

I was also delighted to receive an email response to a post I wrote about joining a soccer team. It appears as if someone wants me to join their team...I have my first practice this Sunday! I have loved soccer since I began playing when I was 6. Unfortunately (fortunately?) I wasn't allowed to do more than one sport so I chose dance over soccer. Nevertheless I continued to be intrigued by the sport and wanted to find a way back into the game and now, I'll be back in action!

In other news I have begun to think, legitimately think, about what I am going to do with my life and where I want to go. I have so many interests but I've still managed to narrow down my list to something small & wonderful (think: SEATTLE! CHICAGO! NEW YORK! GRAD SCHOOL! TEACHING ABROAD! TRAVEL! ETC! ETC!) I don't want to give away all my secrets but I will say this: People, I'm going places. For real. There are many destinations, goals, and aspirations on the agenda. It's exciting to think about...so exciting. I love how I am somehow finding my way back to the things that make me feel the most invigorated. Smoothing out wrinkles from my master plan has made me realize that SO much is happening SO fast. I can't help but feel a little sad, but mostly, really grateful and excited. I can't wait to begin beginning.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Reading your blogs invigorate and inspire me. I remember when I was finishing uni on the cusp of "real-life" and I was terrified, paralyzed, and unsure and I now regret that I didn't seize the fear and turn it into something positive like you seem to be doing. I'm excited to hear about all of your plans or un-plans as the case may be. Let's try to find a time soon!
biz, Valerie

La Fille en Rose a dit…

If only you knew, Ms. V, what an inspiration your life and choices have been (& continue to be) for me!