mardi, avril 7

Some things: a posted list

1. I am moving into a loft with my manfriend in May (!!)
2. My hairs are platinum blonde and parts are shaved (I did a hair show....eek it's a long story.)
3. As my 'payment' for the show the hair dresser promised me 6 months of free hair cuts/color/whatever I wanted.  I do believe my next color will be red.
4. I rode my bike all winter just like I told everyone I was going to.    
5. Lately I've been toying with the idea of going vegan again.  
6. Speaking of which, I'm really into mock meats lately and am loving trying all the different ones I come across.  There's a little Chinese tea shop that sells lots of different ones...some are even shaped like the animal.  Mock meat lobster anyone?  
7. I practice yoga regularly and have for 2 months, now going on 3.  I most highly recommend it.
8. I don't think I'll be returning to school next year, McG just wasn't my cup of tea.
9. I do, however, intend to stay in Montreal.  This city is, and I have said it before, brilliant.
10. I don't speak as much French as I'd like to, this is mostly my own fault. 
11. Although, part of the burden comes from the fact that Canadian French is in no way similar to the French I was taught in school and spoke in France.  This is not a bad thing, just something that takes getting used to.  Calice!
12. I miss my friends more and more everyday.  We have our letters and phone calls, alas, there is still a void that cannot be filled.
13. I have more boy friends here then I have ever had in my whole life...it's quite a change.  Almost all of the friends that I see on a regular basis or that call me to hang out are boys.  I miss having girl friends, where you at ladies? 
14. I've been having very vivid dreams and remembering my dreams more often since moving here.  Nothing too exciting to report, however, usually it's just random and bizarre.
15. I am currently addicted to the show Carnivale.  
16. Inspired by Carnivale I intend to give our new bedroom in the loft a sort of 'trampy/vagabond/backstagey' type of feel to it by hanging sheets from the ceiling to create a canopy over the bed.  For his part Mr. Man wants to nail branches to the walls in the living room area, also in an effort to create a canopy.  It's hard to explain I guess?  Rest assured it will be a thing of beauty, photos of completed said projects to follow.  
17. After missing my friends the second thing I miss the most is traveling; I miss Europe pretty hard too.  le sigh.
18. Quite often people here ask me if I am Dutch.  I am not.
19. Yesterday I bought my first pair of jeans in almost 3 years.  I wear dresses and skirts usually but this proves impractical for biking (especially in winter).  I avoid even trying on jeans because I'm usually disappointed however, I tried on a pair (skinnies with blue and white train conductor stripes) and can't remember this last time I felt this giddy about a pair of jeans.  High school maybe? 
20. I love Michelle Obama.  Who doesn't?

Aucun commentaire: