vendredi, mars 21

A noble fruit, good & true


The French have this expression "une bonne poire " ...it means to be naive and a bit stupid (at least this is how the phrase was explained to me). I was asked by my silly French friends to choose a fruist as my nickname; they chose fruit from themselves as a sort of alter-ego. For example Kiwi. (Kiwi is my all time hands down most favorite French girl on the face of the planet.) She has and always will be Kiwi for me even if I do know her real name I will never call her by it...although incidentally enough her middle name is the same as my first name. Anyway, her cousin, dear friend to me as well, is Pamplemousse*. Upon entering into this mélange of fruit I was given the opportunity to pick my own fruit; for me it was no contest. Pear. I could think of about a zillion reasons why...I love pears, I have a pear figure, and I love pears. Kiwi and Pamplemousse tried to dissuade me from choosing such a 'bête' fruit...offering up Framboise** or Cerise*** as alternatives. Nope, my mind was made up. I was Poire. I found their explanation of the phrase almost a bit more intriguing to chose pear because I felt like I could be the new pear. I could make pear mean smart or charming or whatever else I wanted...I would become a whole new generation of Poire. So here I am, GenXPoire, ready to kick some ass and break down misconceptions and stereotypes. Poire takes on the world. But first, Poire takes on Paris. Peace!

*Grapefruit
**Raspberry
***Cherry

2 commentaires:

Anthony a dit…

GenXPoire? Aren't we GenY? I've even heard some people refer to us as the "iGeneration" - short for "the iPod generation."

Which, I guess, could make you iPoire, which would be pretty neat.

La Fille en Rose a dit…

ok so I'm not GenX but I always thought it was kind of a kick ass generation. Also ipoire makes me sound like an electronic somethingeranother...